- 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – All New and updated Social Media Boot Camp Workshop (Room/floor) – Presented in conjunction with the University of Georgia College of Journalism and GRM.
- 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. – UCI Social at The Hotel Solamar Join us for delicious drinks, appetizers and socializing – maybe even make dinner plans with old or new friends.
- 7:30 a.m. – Registration and Buffet Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. – Welcome
Kelley Eldien, Minnesota Power, UCI President
- 8:45 a.m. – Welcome to San Diego
- 9:15 a.m. – How Dow Jones and the Wall Street Journal Develop and Manage Digital Assets
Edward Roussel, Head of Digital Products Dow Jones
- 10:00 a.m. – Break
- 10:15 a.m. – Best Practice: Avista’s Brand Enhancement using Events
Jesse Wuerst, Senior Communications Manager, Avista Corp.
- 11:30 a.m. – Lunch
Suzanne Shelton, CEO The Shelton Group
- 1:30 p.m. – EEI
- 2:15 p.m. – Leave for field trip via bus
- 3:30 p.m. – NOAA FISHERIES/ Southwest Fisheries Science Center Tour
- 8901 La Jolla Shores Drive, La Jolla
The design of the laboratory includes photovoltaic cells, elaborate water retention systems, recycled materials and green roofs planted with California coastal chaparral. The center LEED Gold Level certified.
- 5:30 p.m. Dine Around La Jolla
Take in a beautiful sunset before or after dinner in La Jolla Village. We will have restaurant recommendations.
- 7:00 a.m. – Registration and Buffet Breakfast
- 8:00 a.m. – Georgia Power’s Electric Transportation Initiative
Adam Pickard, Mandi Gibson, April Voris, Sarah Scott—case study on how Georgia Power is entering a new business line including free-standing EV charging islands
- 8:45 a.m. – SDG&E – the latest with its Clean Transportation Program and Advanced Technology Integration
- 9:30 a.m. – What are our customers thinking?
Marty Agius, VP Semcasting
- 10:15 a.m. – Networking Break
- 10:30 a.m. – Best Practices: Communications Management Issues in Infrastructure Replacements
Joseph Swope, Communications Manager, UCI Utilities
- 11:30 a.m. – Lunch + UCI Board Voting
Connecting with utility customers in their channel of choice for expectation, satisfaction and relationship results. Riester Communications
- 1:30 p.m. – Plant Vogtle Units 3 and 4 Communications Strategy
Jeff Wilson, The Nuclear Development Information Manager for Southern Nuclear presents the communication strategies for the first nuclear units built in the US in 30 years.
- 2:30 p.m. – Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? (or Residential Insights for Increasing Participation in Utility Programs)
Ward Eames, President National Theater for Children
- 3:15 p.m. – Entergy—a case study in rate case communications
Joey Lee, Entergy
- 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. – Better Communications Competition (BCC) Gala